Why Should You E-File?
click to see more e-file provider Electronic filing is using technology to file your personal and business tax returns. My office has a modem that transmits your returns to the appropriate agencies. You still receive the hard copy of your tax returns. You just don’t have to mail anything unless you owe money. When you owe you send a voucher in with your payment.
By filing electronically you are assured of on time, accurate filing. No IRS employee will touch your return or input it incorrectly. This means there is a less chance of receiving notices or having you return pulled and reviewed by one of their employees. The less review, the less chance of audit here.
The IRS acknowledges the receipt of your return and will inform us of any errors in social security numbers or if anyone has filed a return using the numbers listed on your return.
BENEFITS OF E-FILING
- If e-filing, with direct deposit, you will have your refund in 1-2 weeks
- If no direct deposit, your refund will be delayed 1-2 weeks
- If not e-filing, your refunds can take 6-8 weeks
- Eliminates IRS entry
- Lower audit rate
- If owing, only mail check with voucher
- Receive hard copy
- IRS acknowledges receipt
- Save on postage
- Both Federal and State can be filed electronically